Monday, March 30, 2009

A Spring time snow

I had big plans for this last weekend. We were going to have a yard sale, plant tomato plants, and have a day at the park. Mother Nature had other plans for us. We woke up Saturday morning to about 6 inches of snow on the ground. So instead of tomato plants and parks, we took a long nap and made snow ice cream. The kids love it! It may not be the best thing in the world to let them eat but I remember my mom making it for us when we were kids and I lived through it so I think my kids will too.

Hopefully, winter is over and we won't have any more snow or ice this year. I plan on getting my tomato plants going this week, but they will be in pots just in case. There's nothing better than home grown tomatoes. My Aunt Judy says, "The only two things that money can't buy: life's true love and home-grown tomatoes."I love that quote!!!!!

With Spring knocking at our front door, we are cleaning out our house, decluttering, and are ready for a fresh start. Good things are to come.

Here's to sunshine, family, true love, and homegrown tomatoes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment