Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Brayden!



At this time in 2005, I was holding our brand new baby boy. I can't believe he is already 4 years old. How time flies!! It just seems like yesterday he was keeping me up all night, pouring spaghetti on his head and learning to walk. Now he is a big boy that dresses himself (when he wants to), keeps us laughing with his witty words, and is so excited to start school this fall.

I remember the day Brayden turned one. We got up early so I could spend some time with him alone. He was in his walker eating a pop tart (which is still his favorite breakfast) and I was telling him stories about him being a baby. I started to cry like I usually do on my babies birthdays. Little Brayden looked up at me with those big eyes and started to laugh at me! I must have looked funny or maybe he was just trying to lighten the mood. I started to laugh too. It was a very sweet moment that I know he will never remember but one I will never forget.

Brayden is a blessing to everyone in his life. He is the sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful little boy, while still managing to be aggressive, playful, and so full of energy. Chris and I sat on the couch this afternoon while Brayden ran all across the house flying like Spiderman. I told Chris I wish Brayden was able to share his energy.

We had a little party on Saturday and Brayden got his very first bike. He's not too sure about it yet, but I know once he gets the hang of it, we won't be able to keep him off of it.

If we all could have the innocence and energy of a 4 year old!!!!!

(I added a couple of pictures but still trying to figure it out.)

2 comments: