Thursday, May 28, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!!!


I spent the better part of last week preparing and having a yard sale with Chris' Aunt Jeri. It was so exhausting but was really fun to be able to hang out with her and Christy. We sold a lot of stuff but still have some to get rid of. I'll probably have one more before we begin our journey to Kansas City and the rest will go to charity.

My sweet Blake graduated from 5th grade on Tuesday. I was so excited but really sad at the same time. Handling those two emotions at the same time is easier said than done! Ashley, Nanny, Christy, Jacob, and Christian came to watch him walk across the stage. This school year started out as a struggle for Blake but he worked really hard (and was grounded a couple of times) and brought his grades up and kept them up. We are all so proud of him. He is turning into a bright young man.

Blake also had a "puberty class" at school last week. This has brought on some really difficult questions that he has been anxious to get answered. Most of them I could answer easily, but some of them left me speechless or searching for the perfect answer for a 10 year old. He told me that the stuff he learned was "just nasty". I hope he keeps this mentality, although I know within a couple of years, I am going to be freaking out about all of these questions he has becoming a reality in our lives. Can't they just stay little forever??

Chris should be home in the next week or so. I am so anxious to get our lives back to normal although I know it is going to be crazy until we get to Kansas City and get settled. Our time apart has been very difficult on all of us, but I am so proud of him for being the best husband and daddy he can be!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment