Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lots of changes

Chris got to Kansas City safely and began work this morning. He is going to be able to come home this Friday for the weekend!! I am super excited!! We thought it would be several weeks before he would have more than one day off at a time!!

This Friday is also my last day to babysit the kids I have watched for almost a year. It's kind of bitter sweet. I am excited to have more time with my kids, but at the same time, I have had the baby since he was 6 weeks old and have been through a lot with him. I know it will be better for me and my kids to not have any extras.

Chris and I have made the decision to move to Kansas City this June. We have been in Tulsa for 6 years and have learned a lot and made a lot of really good friends, but we feel our family would thrive more in Kansas City, as will our business. We have kind of gotten into a rut here and want something new. We love Tulsa and will be sad when we move but excited about all of the new places, family, and friends that await us in Kansas City. The kids are excited too. We talked to Blake about it since he will be leaving friends and he was up for it, so that kind of sealed the deal.

I am preparing to have 2 massive yard sales before we move. We are selling most of our stuff and are starting fresh. It's time. So in my spare time, I am cleaning out closets, cabinets, and dressers and loading it into Chris' shop out back. There is so much stuff and I can't wait for it all to find a new home.

We will miss our family and friends here but we know they will only be 4 hours away. We can visit them often and plan to do so, or have them visit us. It is an exciting time in our lives and we thank everyone for their support and good wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment