Sunday, April 12, 2009

Playing catch up

It's been a few days since my last post so I have lots to catch up on.

Chris and I had the chance to go out alone Friday night. This doesn't happen very often so we are always very excited when we get to have a date night. We started out at Elote, a wonderful restaurant downtown that Chris' brother and sister-in-law own. We had a nice dinner and a couple of drinks. Elote was part of the Bicycle Pub Crawl that night so Chris and I decided to stay to see what it was all about. It was the craziest but most interesting thing I have ever seen! Being a county girl, I see all kinds of new stuff living in Tulsa.

It was about 10pm and the streets of downtown Tulsa were completely quiet. All of a sudden we see about 4 or 5 bicyclist coming our way. Within about 20 seconds there were HUNDREDS surrounding Elote, all excited for Tecate beer and Puffy Tacos! It was awesome!! It's hard to describe in words. The bicyclist were dressed in different costumes representing religions. This group went to several different pubs and restaurants that night. I am happy we stuck around to see this because it is something I will never forget. Chris laughed at me because I was going on and on about it!!

We then went to see Jodi, one of Chris' best friends. We stayed and visited with her for a couple of hours then went to Chris' sister's apartment and spent the night. She offered to swap houses with us for the night. It was very sweet of her to do that!

Chris left this afternoon to go to Kansas City to work for 8 weeks. I cried like a big baby when he left. I tried my best to be strong but not knowing when I was going to be able to see him again was just too much. We both know that this job opportunity will put us where we need to be financially. I am so proud of him for taking care of his family. He is the best husband and father that anyone could ask for. I miss him already!! I have lots to do while he is gone so I know the time will just fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment